Lately, if someone asks you a question like who is your free time companion? Then your immediate response is, ‘social media. Yes, in the present time it is our amigo through thick and thin as we spend most of the time with it. There will hardly be a person who is not on social media. Therefore, let’s get to know more about it.
What is social media?
Every class has an omniscient person who has all the college information, well if that person present in the tech world would be called social media. Lost the thread? No worries!
In other words, it is a collaborative title for the sites, pages, and applications which have their focal point on communication, interaction, content sharing, and community-based input.
The majority of people use social media to connect and interact with their amigos and family, some people also use it for their business purpose to promote their brand.
You are sipping tea with your business fellows and on the spur of the moment, your buddy shouted as he has gained a targeted audience through social media, and you are like what’s cooking? As you barely use social media. We will incite you about social media’s importance so don’t feel like a noob.
Did you know that in business, people take help from social media to market products, promote their brands, make bonds with their customers and encourage new business?
In business, social media acts like a court as customers can address their grievances and then the authority (business) tries to solve that disservice. Customers also provide positive feedback which elevates the spirit of the business.
Crowdsourcing: It is a method used by the customers on social networking sites in which they offer proposals for future products or refinement to the current ones.
It also improves productivity and creativity.
Social media analytics: As the name of this application is inquisitive, so does it works. This application is used to collect data from social media websites and blogs to examine the sentiment of customers so that they can make an appropriate decision.
Social media marketing: It helps to increase the awareness of the brand and widens the customer reach. The mighty weapon of the SMM is Social media optimization (SMO) which is a strategy to attract new customers and peculiar visitors to a website.
Social CRM (customer relationship marketing)- It is the most powerful tool for a business. For instance, a Facebook page allows a person to like their favorite brands, which opens a path to communication, marketing, and good networking.
Enterprise social networking: It is a way to connect to people who have the same business ideas or works. This tool assists the employees to retrieve facts and resources they need for their work. It can also help the business keep their customers close to improve and elevate their business process and performance.
Types of social media
Let’s dive into what are the top 10 social media apps.
- Facebook: It is a famed and free social media networking website that authorizes the registered users to create profiles, upload their pics, videos, etc. Keep in touch with the near and dear ones using this app. Business people use it as a platform to promote their brand by creating a page on it.
- Twitter: It gives microblogging service to the users, they can put out short posts known as tweets. On this platform, one can advertise their brand by creating their hashtag.
- Wikipedia: If you want to drown in deep knowledge then follow Wikipedia, it is free of cost open encyclopedia which is created by the collective effort of a community of people called Wikipedians.
- LinkedIn: This one is specially made for the business community and to build professional relationships.
- Reddit: If you are bored of news channels then this website might be a good pick. As it is a social news website where registered members promote their stories
- Pinterest: This website chunks the images found online. But the main focus of the site is to take the user to the source. For example, suppose you clicked an image of a watch then it will take you to the purchasing site of the watch.
- Google+: This website is like a lost twin brother of Facebook, you can upload and share pictures. You can choose your circle, so choose wisely.
- YouTube: It is the best place to create and promote your brand by creating and posting videos. This is one of the most powerful social media apps.
- Whatsapp: The most popular gossip queen. Yes, you can chat, post pictures and videos here. Plus it has a calling feature too which is like a cherry on the top of the cake.
- Instagram: The majority of people have registered themselves on this platform. One can build and gain an audience by posting creative content in the form of pictures and videos.
What is Social media marketing?
It is not like traditional marketing where you can buy all the social media apps.
Social media marketing, also known as SMM, is a type of internet marketing that helps create creative content and share it through the different social media platforms to gain the targeted audience.
Business people will post texts, images, videos, blogs, and many other types of content to promote their brand.
Well researched strategies for SMM
It is not like a vamp creating scenarios in her mind. A social media marketing strategy is a designed activity to create engaging content and add an audience.
It’s 2021 and the perfect time to upgrade yourself and your business. It’s a little intimidating though! As social media is a hub of competitors around the world.
To make your website hit, here’s a brief guide present for your ease. Do give it a read.
- Set your business goals: Your goals will tell your content strategy and how much time you need for your campaigns.
- Increase brand awareness: Put your focus on the content that emphasizes your values.
- Generate leads and sales: No one is destined to meet your brand, it’s better if you promote your stuff yourself
- Grow your brand’s audience: It is good to meet new people, it can help grow your business.
- Research on your targeted audience: Use social media analytical tools to know and influence your market audience
- Establish your KPIs: Your focal point should be on the reach, clicks, engagement, hashtag performance, paid likes, and sentiments. Because metrics matter!
- Create and curate engaging content: Do not go for the cliche ideas, post some engaging real stories, short videos, posts that reflect your humanity.
- Keep assessing: Yes, you have to keep your eyes open, and take an assessment as to which content was famed and which one was out of the race. So that you can come out stronger.
Social media is the best platform to showcase your business as the majority of people have been using social media for business purposes and hitting the moon.
For example, Social media Malaysia has been growing rapidly with an abundance of registered users and creative content.